From year to year, the growth rate of the Chinese economy and production volumes are breaking new records. The low cost and quite decent quality of goods from China make them the subject of commercial interest for many Russian companies and entrepreneurs.
However, the purchase of products in this case is just a single condition for successful business development. The competent organization of logistics is no less fundamental. In most situations, the best solution is to deliver goods from China by railway.
Why is it profitable
Railway transportation from China to Russia is one of the most profitable and promising ways to deliver products, since it allows to achieve impressive savings in transportation costs and at the same time:
- Provide transportation for almost any type of product - it is possible to choose the appropriate container for each one
- Ensure timely delivery of goods regardless of climatic and weather conditions - railway communication is carried out around the clock and, as a rule, is not interrupted even in conditions of fog, rain, snow and other negative weather events
- To integrate organically the railway product delivery into a multimodal transportation system, involving the use of several types of transport at once, e.g. goods are first transported by sea, then loaded onto railway wagons, and then onto trucks.
Some important notes
First of all, it is worth mentioning that goods sent from China to Russia by railway will be necessarily packed in containers corresponding to its characteristics. It can be standard or refrigerated containers, tanks (for liquids) or special platforms (for bulky or disassembled structures). At the same time, competent arrangement of cargo into consolidated lots can significantly increase the economic efficiency of transportation.
One should not forget about the difference in the railway track width on the territory of the different countries. Due to this, the compulsory unloading of cargo and its subsequent loading onto the Russian train will be made at the border.
Rail transportation will be the best delivery option if:
- There are no airports or seaports near departure and destination points
- Cost and reliability are more important than speed
- Oversized cargo must be delivered
Considering the cost of transporting goods from China to Russia by railway, then in each case it is calculated individually and depends on the specifics of the cargo, the need to create special storage conditions, as well as the distance between departure and destination points.
Our company has the richest experience (more than thirty years) in successful work in this market segment and is ready to offer you:
- Qualified assistance in the preparation of supporting paperwork
- The possibility of cargo consolidation at our own warehouses in China
- The insurance of the products delivered